EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW GETTING AN OLEV GRANT
WHAT IS OLEV?
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) is connected to both the UK Department of Transport and the UK Department of Trade, Energy, and Industrial Strategy. It exists to promote the adoption of low emission vehicles.
You can find out more about OLEV on the UK government’s website.
WHAT IS THE OLEV GRANT?
It is to encourage car buyers to opt for an electric vehicle, OLEV offers a cash payment to help with startup costs. If you own or rent an electric vehicle, you could receive up to £350 towards the cost of buying and installing a charge point.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM ELIGIBLE?
The manufacturer, as well as the installer of your charge point, needs to be authorized by OLEV for a successful application. Both Andersen and its installation team are OLEV certified.
To qualify for the OLEV Grant you need to meet the following criteria:
- You have off-street parking.
- Your property is within the UK.
- Your vehicle is eligible for the grant.
- You are the registered keeper or primary user of the vehicle after 1 October 2016.
- You can provide evidence that you own or lease an electric vehicle (even if you haven’t received the vehicle).
- You have not already claimed the grant for your vehicle.
- By claiming the grant, you are not exceeding the limit of two OLEV funded charge points per household.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A GRANT?
To claim £350 off the cost of your new home charging point, order it with us, provide us with your documentation and we will take care of your claim for you. We can only take care of your claim if Andersen carries out your installation for you.
Providing you are eligible for the OLEV grant, once your order has been placed we will liaise with you to get the information we need and we will process the grant on your behalf. We can only take care of your claim if Andersen carries out your installation for you.
To learn more about the application process, OLEV has created a guide at the link below.