EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW GETTING AN OLEV GRANT
WHAT IS OLEV?
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) is connected to both the UK Department of Transport and the UK Department of Trade, Energy, and Industrial Strategy. It exists to promote the adoption of low emission vehicles.
You can find out more about OLEV on the UK government’s website.
WHAT IS THE OLEV GRANT?
It is to encourage car buyers to opt for an electric vehicle, OLEV offer a cash payment to help with startup costs. If you own or rent an electric vehicle, you could receive up to £500 towards the cost of buying and installing a charge point.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM ELIGIBLE?
The manufacturer, as well as the installer of your charge point, need to be authorized by OLEV for a successful application. Both Andersen and its installation team are OLEV certified.
To qualify for the OLEV Grant you need to meet the following criteria:
- You have off-street parking.
- Your property is within the UK.
- Your vehicle is eligible for the grant.
- You are the registered keeper or primary user of the vehicle after 1 October 2016.
- You can provide evidence that you own or lease an electric vehicle (even if you haven’t received the vehicle).
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A GRANT?
You don’t have to worry about this as the OLEV Grant is actually applied for on your behalf, we’ll handle the application for you.
To learn more about the application process, OLEV has created a guide at the link below.