Andersen EV Warranty Terms
If you have any questions about what an Andersen guarantee covers, please call us on +44 (0) 1234 916125 or email our support team at email@example.com
The guarantee provides benefits that are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
What does an Andersen guarantee cover?
An Andersen guarantee covers the repair or replacement (at Andersen’s discretion) of your chargepoint or ancillary device if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship within the guarantee period.
If any part is no longer available (e.g. particular colour variations or wood finishes), Andersen will replace it with a functional replacement part.
What is not covered by an Andersen guarantee?
If an Andersen chargepoint or ancillary item is used in the way it is intended and it breaks down within the guarantee period, it is our responsibility to repair or replace it. Our chargepoints and ancillary items are designed, engineered and constructed for continual high performance in normal domestic settings and where approved by Andersen in commercial settings. There are, however, some circumstances in which an Andersen guarantee doesn’t cover the repair or replacement and those situations are detailed below;
- Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time.
- Accidental damage.
- Damage from external sources including; floods, lightning strikes, electrical outages or power surges.
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with our instructions.
- Damage caused by connecting to an incorrectly rated electricity supply.
- Damage caused by not carrying out any recommended maintenance.
- Failures caused by circumstances outside of Andersen’s control.
Faults caused by:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation.
- Use of an Andersen chargepoint for anything other than charging an electric vehicle.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Andersen genuine parts.
- Parts or faults associated with your existing electrical installation including consumer units, breakers (MCB’s, RCD’s) or cables.
- Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Andersen installer).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Andersen or its authorised agents.
The maximum liability of Andersen under this warranty is limited to the purchase price of the product covered by the warranty. Andersen accepts no liability to the end customer for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
In the instance that we need to send an engineer on-site following a claim, you will be responsible to pay our engineer call out fee if:
- You haven’t followed the instructions of our customer service staff
- We have made the decision to send an engineer on-site based on information that you provided to us that is deemed fraudulent, false, or misleading
How long is an Andersen guarantee period?
Chargepoints and/or ancillary items installed by an Andersen installer and, if applicable, benefiting from a grant under the OZEV Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme will be guaranteed for 3 years and include on-site parts and labour.
Chargepoints and/or ancillary items supplied by Andersen on a parts only basis (I.e. not installed by an Andersen installer) will be covered by a 1 Year return to base warranty.
For the avoidance of doubt, return to base means that you will need to cover the cost of returning the goods to us for any reason.
My Andersen chargepoint was supplied and installed by my electrician or another installer. How long is my guarantee?
If your chargepoint and/or ancillary item was installed benefiting from a grant under OZEV Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme Andersen will guarantee your chargepoint hardware for a period of 3 years on a return to base basis. You should contact your electrician or installer if you wish to claim under your guarantee.
If your chargepoint and/or ancillary item was supplied on a parts only basis (I.e. not installed) it will be covered by a 1 Year return to base warranty. Andersen will arrange for the delivery and collection of a replacement unit as required.
Please note that yourself or your installer must have registered your hardware for your warranty to be validated.
Your installer or supplier is responsible for all call out and labour charges during the warranty period. Your installer or supplier is also responsible for return postage and packaging.
What are the terms and conditions of the guarantee?
The terms and conditions of an Andersen guarantee are as follows:
- The guarantee becomes effective either: from the date of installation or within 30 days of the delivery date (whichever is earlier).
- You must provide proof of purchase before any work can be carried out on your chargepoint under the guarantee. Please note that without this proof any work carried out will be chargeable. Please keep your purchase receipt in a safe place.
- All work will be carried out by Andersen or its authorised agents.
- Any parts which are replaced will become the property of Andersen.
Are Andersen guarantees transferable?
Your Andersen guarantee is valid for the original purchaser at its originally installed address and location only.
Andersen will transfer the guarantee to a new property address or location provided;
- The chargepoint is removed and re-installed by an Andersen installer.
- If you received a grant under the OZEV Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme you must have also informed OZEV of the change of address. You can find more details regarding this requirement at the following link; https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/customer-guidance-electric-vehicle-homecharge-scheme
How can I claim my Andersen guarantee?
You first need to register your Andersen product either by registering on the Andersen Kønnect app (available on the app store and the play store) or by contacting our support team by phone on +44 (0) 1234 916125 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your Andersen product was installed by Andersen then please contact us on +44 (0) 1234 916125 or email us at email@example.com.
If your Andersen product was installed by a third party (e.g.: your electrician), please contact the third party that has installed your Andersen product.
I’m an installer and I’ve completed a repair for Andersen, how does the warranty work?
Installers who have completed a repair for Andersen should get in touch with our support team on firstname.lastname@example.org. if you are an Andersen trade installer, full details can be found on your trade account terms and conditions.