BMW EV Charger

Pioneering luxury and performance, BMW stands as an icon in the automotive world with its range of electrifying vehicles, from the BMW i4 to the BMW iX.

If you're in search of an exceptional home EV charger that aligns seamlessly with the BMW ethos, look no further than Andersen EV. It's the ideal companion for your BMW and home alike.

The Andersen EV Charge Point

Andersen EV Charge Points are the UK’s home electric car charging solution, compatible with all type 2 electric and hybrid cars.

With over 200 finishes available, smart features, and 7 years of Andersen Care Cover (subject to warranty terms), there’s an Andersen Charge Point that’s perfect for your BMW.

The BMW electric car line-up

With a heritage of innovation, BMW has consistently pushed boundaries in electric vehicle technology since its foray into the field. Crafting electric cars that merge power, range, and advanced features, BMW has carved its place as a leader in the automotive landscape.

From contemporary saloons to cutting-edge SUVs, BMW's electrified offerings include:

  • BMW iX.
  • BMW iX1.
  • BMW iX3.
  • BMW i4.
  • BMW i5.
  • BMW i7.

BMW has also created a range of attractive, high-performance plug-in hybrid (PHEV) vehicles as well. These include: 

  • BMW X1.
  • BMW X2.
  • BMW X3.
  • BMW X5.
  • BMW XM.

When you're at the helm of a BMW - no matter which model - your charging solution should be equally exceptional.

That charging solution is Andersen. The perfect BMW EV charger.

Offering a palette of over 200 finishes, intelligent charging features, solar integration, and backed by 7 years of Andersen Care Cover (subject to warranty terms), Andersen sets a new standard for BMW home charging.

The Andersen EV Charge Point

Andersen EV Charge Points are the UK’s home electric car charging solution, compatible with all type 2 electric and hybrid cars.

With over 200 finishes available, smart features, and 7 years of Andersen Care Cover (subject to warranty terms), there’s an Andersen Charge Point that’s perfect for your BMW.

The BMW electric car line-up

With a heritage of innovation, BMW has consistently pushed boundaries in electric vehicle technology since its foray into the field. Crafting electric cars that merge power, range, and advanced features, BMW has carved its place as a leader in the automotive landscape.

From contemporary saloons to cutting-edge SUVs, BMW's electrified offerings include:

  • BMW iX.
  • BMW iX1.
  • BMW iX3.
  • BMW i4.
  • BMW i5.
  • BMW i7.

BMW has also created a range of attractive, high-performance plug-in hybrid (PHEV) vehicles as well. These include: 

  • BMW X1.
  • BMW X2.
  • BMW X3.
  • BMW X5.
  • BMW XM.

When you're at the helm of a BMW - no matter which model - your charging solution should be equally exceptional.

That charging solution is Andersen. The perfect BMW EV charger.

Offering a palette of over 200 finishes, intelligent charging features, solar integration, and backed by 7 years of Andersen Care Cover (subject to warranty terms), Andersen sets a new standard for BMW home charging.

BMW charging: key stats

  • Charging: BMW’s all-electric vehicles can be charged through standard AC charging points, as well as high-speed DC charging stations. BMW’s PHEV models can be charged using standard AC points.
  • EV type: BMW has based its all-electric range upon a battery-electric powertrain with automatic transmission. The company’s PHEV models feature either petrol or diesel engines mated to electric motors.
  • Charging connector type: all-electric BMWs feature both type 2 and CCS sockets to accommodate AC and DC charging respectively. BMW’s PHEV models feature type 2 sockets. 
  • Range optimisation: BMW employs an array of range-optimisation technologies, including energy-conserving modes, regenerative braking, and more.

Andersen EV: the only home charger for your BMW

When you've chosen the sophistication of a BMW, your home charging station should reflect the same level of refinement.

Enter the Andersen EV Charge Point – a charging solution that seamlessly integrates with your BMW and enhances the aesthetics of your home.

At Andersen EV, we believe your home EV charger should elevate both your living space and your BMW. Andersen achieves just that.

Here are some of the key highlights of the Andersen Charge Point:

  • Over 200 distinctive finishes to choose from.
  • Crafted in the UK.
  • Join the ranks of over 13,000 satisfied customers.
  • Professional installation service provided.
  • 7kW fast charging

Andersen EV: the only home charger for your BMW

When you've chosen the sophistication of a BMW, your home charging station should reflect the same level of refinement.

Enter the Andersen EV Charge Point – a charging solution that seamlessly integrates with your BMW and enhances the aesthetics of your home.

At Andersen EV, we believe your home EV charger should elevate both your living space and your BMW. Andersen achieves just that.

Here are some of the key highlights of the Andersen Charge Point:

  • Over 200 distinctive finishes to choose from.
  • Crafted in the UK.
  • Join the ranks of over 13,000 satisfied customers.
  • Professional installation service provided.
  • 7kW fast charging

Shop Andersen Charge Points

Here

How to calculate your charging time

Want to know how long it’ll take to charge your BMW with the Andersen home charging point? Then you’ll need to know the following pieces of information:

  • Your BMW EV’s battery size (which will be measured in kWh).
  • How much power output your charger has (this will be measured in kW).

To calculate the charging time of your BMW EV, you’ll need to perform the following calculation: 

  • Battery capacity (kWh) / charger power (kW) = hours required to charge your EV’s battery from 0-100%.

Example:

Say you own the all-electric BMW iX3. This car has a battery capacity of 80 kWh. If you want to charge the car from 0% charge to 100% charge using the 7kW Andersen A3, it will take approximately 11.5 hours. 

However, most EV owners will never need to use 100% of their battery range. 

The more realistic scenario is that you’ll need to charge your BMW iX3 from 20% to 80% (adding 60% charge to your car’s battery). 

In which case, you’ll need to work out what 60% of the total charging time is. In this scenario, this equals 6.85 hours. In other words, to charge the BMW i3 from 20% charge to 80% will take just under 7 hours.

The Andersen A3 has 7.2kW of power, similar to the average home charge point.

Battery sizes by BMW EV Model

Below are the battery capacities of BMW’s EV range. Be aware, however, that battery size may be subject to change or vary depending on model derivative: 

BMW iX - 76.6 kWh to 111.5 kWh.

BMW iX1 - 66.5 kWh.

BMW iX3 - 80 kWh.

BMW i4 - 70.2 kWh to 83.9 kWh.

BMW i5 - 83.9 kWh.

BMW i7 - 105.7 kWh.

(Please note that battery size may be subject to model derivative.)

How to calculate your charging time

Want to know how long it’ll take to charge your BMW with the Andersen home charging point? Then you’ll need to know the following pieces of information:

  • Your BMW EV’s battery size (which will be measured in kWh).
  • How much power output your charger has (this will be measured in kW).

To calculate the charging time of your BMW EV, you’ll need to perform the following calculation: 

  • Battery capacity (kWh) / charger power (kW) = hours required to charge your EV’s battery from 0-100%.

Example:

Say you own the all-electric BMW iX3. This car has a battery capacity of 80 kWh. If you want to charge the car from 0% charge to 100% charge using the 7kW Andersen A3, it will take approximately 11.5 hours. 

However, most EV owners will never need to use 100% of their battery range. 

The more realistic scenario is that you’ll need to charge your BMW iX3 from 20% to 80% (adding 60% charge to your car’s battery). 

In which case, you’ll need to work out what 60% of the total charging time is. In this scenario, this equals 6.85 hours. In other words, to charge the BMW i3 from 20% charge to 80% will take just under 7 hours.

The Andersen A3 has 7.2kW of power, similar to the average home charge point.

Battery sizes by BMW EV Model

Below are the battery capacities of BMW’s EV range. Be aware, however, that battery size may be subject to change or vary depending on model derivative: 

BMW iX - 76.6 kWh to 111.5 kWh.

BMW iX1 - 66.5 kWh.

BMW iX3 - 80 kWh.

BMW i4 - 70.2 kWh to 83.9 kWh.

BMW i5 - 83.9 kWh.

BMW i7 - 105.7 kWh.

(Please note that battery size may be subject to model derivative.)

Order yours today