Full Stack Engineer – Internal Tools Specialist
Andersen EV is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to join our team and take ownership in shaping & building our internal dashboards & support tools.
- You are excited about the EV revolution. We have established a solid grounding in the EV charging market and need to continuously adapt our product feature set to keep up with the rapid innovation in the industry.
- You love delivering a fantastic high-end customer experience. You care about the customer experience to create a highly polished application that matches and exceeds what our customers expect of our products.
- You are a self-starter, who loves to learn and grow. You are comfortable with taking initiative and making independent decisions, then communicating back to the team. You enjoy a mix of working on your own and within a team. You keep up with changes in the industry and strive to grow your skills.
- You care about quality and testing. We are constantly improving our developer experience to allow us to move fast whilst maintaining a high level of confidence in our system. You should define and implement best practices and be comfortable seeking and giving thoughtful feedback.
- You enjoy being a generalist. We are building our team from a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets, with people who are looking to get the best out of each other. Our engineers are able to contribute across our platform and directly impact the wider success of the company.
About the team
We are building up a new developer-driven team to take our business forward, to match the fast pace of innovation in the sector. You will be joining our team of 5 engineers and have ownership of the internal tools the business uses. This currently consists of all our Support tools & data dashboarding.
We work in a cross-discipline manner to allow you to impact our products across the business as the priority demands. This will give you the flexibility to grow your skills outside your specialist area. We use a Kanban workflow with daily stand-ups and a team meeting every 2 weeks. We are keen to only have meetings when necessary to allow you to concentrate on what matters.
You’ll be heavily involved in the end-to-end development process, working closely with our Software Development Manager and Product Manager to scope, design, and deploy innovative new features. You’ll be attentive with a keen eye for detail and delivering clean, scalable code.
We are keen to create the best developer experience within the team and so support you with the latest equipment, tools & access to training such as designcode.io. You can choose between a new M1 Pro – MacBook Pro or a similar system as your preference demands.
- Take ownership of your specialist area, maintain its roadmap & prioritisation.
- Take a prominent role in the build and testing of new releases.
- Build scalable software systems & deal with large datasets.
- Find efficient solutions to complex requirements.
- Build & design features into our front-end products.
- Communicate your ideas, engage with different teams and encourage collaboration.
- Create and maintain solid documentation of our systems.
- Collaborate with the team to develop across our stack.
Some of our Tech Stack
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Mobile App: React Native
- Internal Tools: Node.js
- API: Apollo GraphQL & Restful API
- Trade Portal: Next.js
- This is a mid-level position for someone with 1+ Years’ experience with a lot of room for growth.
- Have experience developing scalable, distributed applications, using some or all of the following:
- React Native
- Restful Api’s or GraphQL
- Experience with CICD
- Experience creating & maintaining test suites
- Experience with Figma or similar design tools
- Experience with Git
- Experience with agile working methodologies
- Feel comfortable designing, developing, and working with REST APIs and/or Lambda functions
- Enjoy taking ownership of features and products from the idea stage to launch
- Have a desire to help the world move to a cleaner future!
- Have a desire to pick up new skills & leave things better than you found them
Salary & Benefits
- £45,000 to £60,000 depending on experience
- The equipment you need to get the job done
- An opportunity to work on bleeding edge tech in a rapid growth market
- Flexible hybrid working
- All the learning resources & books you want to aid in personal development
- 25 days of holiday
Software Development Manager
Flexible, our office is London based (Liverpool Street) but you’ll have the autonomy to work wherever suits you. We aim to coordinate our days to be in the office on the same days where possible and have our team meeting in person.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people from all backgrounds, genders, and ethnicities to apply.
About Andersen EV
Andersen EV is a UK manufacturer of stylish charge points for electric vehicles. We blend Scandinavian inspired design with cutting edge innovation. Our unique design features, such as a solution that hides the cable and plug from sight, have helped us secure partnerships with vehicle manufacturers such as Porsche UK. All our intelligent EV charging points are IoT enabled, so customers can track things like their energy usage using our very own mobile application, Kønnect.
Despite a tumultuous 2020 the green revolution continues to surge and the state of play at Andersen EV is no different. We’re looking to grow our Product and Technology team by bringing on some of the best and brightest developers to help us expand our software propositions. You’ll be coming into a great team to develop our next-generation services and constantly improve our experiences. Aside from writing beautiful code, we value good communication and a strong initiative, amongst other things.
The hiring Process
- Send in your CV & Cover Letter
- Phone call from our Project Manager
- Take home assignment (can be skipped if you have a relevant publicly accessible code repo that you can take us through)
- Remote Interview via Microsoft Teams with some of our Engineers
- In-person interview & meet the team
Fields marked with an * are required