Product & Technology
Andersen EV is a UK manufacturer of stylish charge points for electric vehicles. We blend Scandinavian inspired design with cutting edge innovation. Our unique design features, such as a solution that hides the cable and plug from sight, have helped us secure partnerships with vehicle manufacturers such as Porsche UK. All our intelligent EV charging points are IoT enabled, so customers can track things like their energy usage using our very own mobile application, Kønnect.
Despite a tumultuous 2020 the green revolution continues to surge and the state of play at Andersen EV is no different. We’re looking to grow our Product and Technology team by bringing on some of the best and brightest engineers to help us expand our software & hardware propositions.
- Support production to test and fault-find current production models.
- Advise suppliers where alternative components are suggested for reasons of cost or availability.
- Provide technical support to Field Service and installation engineers.
- Evaluate reports from in-service failures and analyse defects.
- Update and enhance existing designs, including circuit diagrams and PCB layouts.
- Propose improvements and enhancements.
- Generate system specifications for new designs.
- Create schematics for new designs.
- Create printed circuit board layouts for new designs.
- Write test software to demonstrate basic functionality of new designs.
- Liaise with the firmware and software engineers for new and existing designs.
- Liaise with the mechanical design engineer as required.
- Work with suppliers to determine cost-effective parts.
- Keep up to date with trends in the industry.
- Produce Technical documentation.
- Attend meetings and create reports for management.
- Use word processors and spreadsheets
- Write reports.
- Work without supervision.
- Coach junior team members.
- Familiarity with CircuitStudio or Altium.
- An understanding of mechanical design techniques and their characteristics.
- An appreciation of the electrical requirements for EV chargers.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment as it applies to EV chargers and domestic installations.
- An understanding of EMC regulations and how to comply with them.
- A University Degree in a relevant subject, although extensive experience obtained elsewhere may be considered.
- Understand and evaluate circuit diagrams including embedded processors, power supplies and simple analog processing.
- Fault-find to component level.
- Assemble prototype circuit boards.
- System design, taking account of the overall requirements.
- Create and modify circuit diagrams using CAD software.
- Create and modify printed circuit board layouts using CAD software.
- Write test software in “C”.
- Understand complex embedded software to assist software engineers during development.
- Select suitable components by evaluating their datasheets.
- Test and debug prototype assemblies.
Responsible for Staff/equipment
Laptop provided along with required software platforms
Software Engineering Manager
Flexible, our office is London based (Waterloo) but you’ll have the autonomy to work wherever suits you
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people from all backgrounds, genders, and ethnicities to apply.
Fields marked with an * are required