EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW GETTING AN SEAI GRANT
What is the SEAI grant?
A new government-funded support scheme has been introduced to assist homeowners to install an electric vehicle charge point on their property. This scheme will provide a grant up to the value of €600 towards the purchase and installation of a home charger unit. The applicant must be the owner of an eligible new or second-hand electric vehicle (EV).
You can find out more about SEAI on their website.
How do I know if I am Eligible?
- You are the registered keeper or primary user of the vehicle after 2018.
- You must have off-street parking and your charger must be connected back to the fuse board of your home.
- The Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN), which can be found on the electricity bill, will be used to confirm the location of your home.
- The property cannot be associated with a previous EV vehicle grant and charge point offer.
- Do not commence any work before the start date on your Letter of Offer, otherwise, this expenditure will be deemed ineligible and you will not receive grant support for it.
- Only vehicles registered new or bought second hand from 2018 onwards are eligible for a home charger grant.
- Only vehicles which are now or were previously eligible for grant support under the EV Grant Scheme are eligible.
- EVs include Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) or Plugin Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs).
- Vehicles purchased new in Ireland, privately imported as new or privately imported as second hand and registered in Ireland in 2018 or later are eligible.
- Second-hand cars where ownership by the applicant occurs in 2018 or onwards are eligible.
- The electric vehicle must be registered for private use.
How do I apply for a grant?
To apply for the SEAI Government grant you can do this via their website.